Touch Panel Vending Machine
“Mezamashi TV” visits Shinagawa Station to observe how people are using the new smart vending machine that can recommend drinks based on the appearance of customers:
A few interesting points from the video:
- High school girls think it’s cool.
- Some customers have trouble figuring out what part of the screen needs to be touched in order to buy a drink.
- When it detects a young man, it recommends a sports drink or bottled water.
- When it detects a woman, it recommends tea or bottled water.
- It has trouble detecting faces when eyes are blocked by dark sunglasses.
At the end of the clip, the reporter says that the manufacturer of the vending machine plans to produce 500 more touch panel machines within the next two years.